Passionate. Lively. Inspired. Energetic. Creative.
Just a few words to describe what it takes to become the next Exhibit A-Lister
. We are thrilled to announce the launch of the Exhibit A-Lister
contest—the search for one acoustic guitarist to help infuse the bespoke soul of Exhibit on Superior with music.
If you are itching to live out your passions and take your craft to the next level, enter Exhibit on Superior’s premier Exhibit A-Lister
contest. Intricately curated and artistically designed, every nook at Exhibit on Superior presents the perfect stage. It is the ideal backdrop to host this one-of-a-kind contest to select our own in-house “Exhibit A-Lister” musician.
The winner will bolster Chicago’s already thriving art scene and fill our communal spaces with the atmosphere and personality the resident community craves.
The best part? The Exhibit-A-Lister will receive one full year of free rent!
We want to set our heartbeat to your rhythm; Your stage is waiting.
COME CHECK OUT THE RECENT #EXHIBITALISTER SUBMISSIONS!
See below for full contest guidelines.
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Interested acoustic guitarists must post a video on social media no longer than one-minute in length using the hashtag #ExhibitALister and tagging @ExhibitonSuperior OR email to email@example.com between the dates of February 21- March 21 to be considered.
- All entrants must be a non-resident of Exhibit on Superior and be at least 18 years old. Entrants also must hold a U.S. citizenship or a U.S. visa or permanent residence card (green card) that is valid throughout the competition year.
- All entrants must be able to pass a background and credit check prior to being selected as a finalist.
- All candidates should have both vocal and acoustic guitar-playing skills. Candidate should also be a natural crowd pleaser and socializer and open to playing different genres of music.
- The “Exhibit A-Lister” will be expected to perform or instruct a minimum of 8-10 hours per week at no charge to Exhibit residents or perform at other venues in or around the Exhibit.
- The contest winner will be granted 12 months of free rent in an unfurnished studio apartment at Exhibit on Superior in exchange for the 8-10 hours per week of performance and instruction.
- The chosen musician should be able to comfortably play 3-4 hour sets of covers (original music is also welcome) and have access to their own equipment (guitar, microphone, amp, speakers).
- An expert panel of judges will narrow the group down to three to five finalists which will be announced before the April 20 event, on March 21.
- Finalists will be expected to play 1-3 songs on-site at the event on April 20 in front of a live audience and panel of judges.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges and popular attendee vote at the event and “Exhibit A-Lister” announcement, which will take place on Thursday, April 20 at Exhibit on Superior, 165 W. Superior St., Chicago.
- By submitting an entry form, each authorizes the use of competitor’s name, photo, and audio and/or video recording for publicity and advertisement purposes related to the competition by Exhibit on Superior.